Of all the technology I ever brought into my classroom, this was one of the best! It was a powerful technology that truly redefined how I taught and quickly became a routine part of my classroom. The collection and management of digital assignments was simple and effective.
*Note: Schoology was recently adopted as the Learning Management System for Rockingham County Public Schools. In many classrooms, it is replacing or being used in conjunction with Google Classroom.
My Favorite Things about Google Classroom
- Organized - My students' work is automatically organized by class and assignment folders in my Google Drive.
- Real Time - When students are creating assignments with Google Apps such as Google Docs or Google Slides, I can view and comment on their work prior to turning it in. I can even see time stamped versions of it using revision history.
- Digital Resources- I can easily provide my students with digital resources by attaching links to websites, videos, uploading PDFs, etc.
- Collaboration - Group work is forever changed! Groups of students or whole classes (if you dare!) can simultaneously work on a Google Doc or other Google projects.
- The Cloud - Student work is being stored in "the cloud" on the internet, allowing them to access the same files from different devices or from home. It also saves their work every few seconds!